Monday, April 6, 2015

Divergent (Movie vs. Book)

Divergent (Movie vs. Book)


Okay, now I know some may find this unbelievable... BUT I only just saw the Divergent movie over Spring Break. I know, it came out like a year ago, the sequel is in theaters now, but that's besides the point. I want to share a few of my thoughts about this book and movie with the inter-web.

I read the book, Divergent a couple of months ago and thought it was ok. I don't want to spoil the ending just in case anyone was stronger than I was for a while and haven't read it yet. Which means I can't share my exact reasoning for why I wasn't a huge fan. To give you the general idea though, I felt as though the book included twists to the story that I felt were unnecessary. I didn't like it. I thought the writing was average, the same as any other dystopian book these days. However, I did love the whole idea of the world they lived in. I feel like the author had a brilliant idea and then took the story in the wrong direction.
 
 
Now, typically I would say that I liked the book better than the movie but in this case I actually didn't. There were some things that I appreciated in the book that weren't put into the movie, but generally, the movie was more enjoyable. I was less attached to the characters so I was able to appreciate the story instead of worrying about what was going to happen to them.

 
So these are the thoughts that I've just had floating around in my head recently and needed to get out. Kisses from Katie coming soon :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment