Saturday, May 16, 2015

Last Post :(

Last Post :(

This is my last post for the year of 2014-2015. It feels like I just created this little space, and now it's already over. So for this fun post there will be some serious symbolism of pictures. Are you ready?


So my attitude towards ready this year is mountainy. That's the best way I can describe it. I always enjoy reading, just like these mountains are always beautiful. However, my reading comes in spurts, it rises and falls, levitates and dips. And sometimes quite suddenly. Just. Like. That. For example, I read Once Upon a Prince in 24 hours. And I read Camilla in 6 months. After re-starting it about 4 times. So my biggest obstacle in finding time is just getting into it even when the plotline doesn't have me on the edge of my seat. Because it's when it doesn't that Netflix sounds oh so much better. But, when I do find those grab-onto-your-seat-what-is-going-to-happen-next-I-can't-even-stand-this-pain-of-waiting-to-the-end books, I love them. And I spend 24/7 reading them. I eat breakfast with them, I walk around the house with them, I clean the house with them. I even ignore my mother because I'm so into them. So this summer, even with my incredibly busy schedule, I hope to find some great books to read. And I made a list of what I want to read not too long ago so I will be using that :) Plus I'm gonna have some pretty awesome travel time this summer to read during,


Ok, now this one is totally cliché but... blogging this year really "opened doors" for me and my "future". I've been reading people's bogs online for about 3 years now. Most of them are of people I know, some aren't. Some write about certain topics, others it's just random life stuff. But, either way I have spent  a lot of time reading blogs. And since I love to write I have always thought that when I got older I would write one too. So this blogging experience this year has been great training I guess you could say. And I've loved blogging. I almost don't want to stop for the summer. Ha. I love having all of my thoughts (ok actually not all of them, yikes!) out there for everyone to read. I love knowing that people can hear my voice through words I write. Because that's how it is with every other blog I've read. And I'm honored to have joined them.

Some of my favorite blogs:
One with the Pastor
Christian Wife Life
b r a v e l y f r e e


And lastly, this picture represents my blinded freshman year. It has been great, and I have grown so much. I learned that my extremist views from last year aren't always good, and that sometimes you have to look at something a little bit differently than you used to. I learned that sometimes branching out even when you're terrified can lead to something better than ever imagined for yourself. I learned to reconnect with friends I haven't spoken to in years. Overall, I took chances this year. I was blind in where they would take me but I trusted that it would all turn out. And these chances brought me so much more joy than the safe path would have. I made so many new friends. The swim team and water polo team have been experiences I've never had before. And I fell in love with these experiences. It was a blind year. But, I think that was good for me. For anyone really. Because if you're blind about something, you are all that more surprised when it becomes better than everything good you thought you had before.

That is my final bit of wisdom I am posting this year.
It's been good inter-web.

No comments:

Post a Comment